Thursday's Day 1 route will be the route we intended to take last year! We will travel from BA, departing at 8:00 AM, to Lake Louise State Park in Leroy, MN. The lunch break will occur in Blooming Prairie, with other stops every 10-15 miles along the way. We will finish on the Shooting Star State Trail, which runs approximately 17 miles from Rose Creek right into the Lake Louise campground. Total distance: approximately 85 miles.
Day 1: 85
miles. Most of the hills are in the first 25 miles, and none are monsters
- Leave BA and go south on 3rd Ave. SW (for .4 miles)
- Go right on Willow St. (for .5 miles)
- Left on Glynview (for 5.5 miles)
- Right on 256th St. (for 1.8 miles)
- Left on Albers Ave./Cty Rd 45 into Medford (for 1.9 miles)
- Left on 1st Ave. NE (for .1 miles) – bathroom break in Medford? 10.2
- There is not another bathroom until 40.8 miles – bring toilet paper in your bike bag, as there are plenty of cornfields! Maybe we can bring a camper potty!
- Left on 2nd St. NE (for .1 miles) 10.3
- Right on 2nd Ave. NE/Cty Rd. 12, including turn to right (for 5 miles) 15.3
- Right on Cty. Rd. 12/8 (for .4 miles) 15.7
- Straight on Cty. Rd. 8 (for 2.4 miles) 18.1
- Slight left on Cty. Rd 43 (for 4.5 miles) 22.6
- Straight across HWY 14 (for 2.6 miles) 25.2
- Right at T on 48th St. (for .7 miles into Pratt) 25.9
- Left on HWY 218 (for .5 miles) 26.4
- Left on Cty Rd 6 (for 1.6 miles) 28.0
- Right on Austin Rd/Cty Rd. 157 (for 4.9 miles) 32.9
- Becomes Cty. Rd. 4 – continue straight (for 1.7 miles) 34.6
- Right at T on Cty Rd. 16 (for 5.5 miles) 40.1
- Left on HWY 218 (for .1 miles) 40.2
- First right on Cty. Rd. 41/Center Ave. into Blooming Prairie (for .6 miles) 40.8
- Rest at stop sign/water tower Main St. intersection in park on right – outhouse!
- Left (east) on Main St. to st. sign at HWY 218 (bars downtown in BP and a DQ) – (.3 mi.) 41.1
- Straight across to NE 5th Ave. (.1 miles) 41.2
- Right on NE 5th Ave. to 2nd St. SE (.2 miles) 41.4
- Left on 2nd St. SE to 6th Ave. SE (.1 miles) 41.5
- Right on 6th Ave. SE and follow curve, where it become Cty Rd 2 (for 6 miles) 47.5
- Right on Cty Rd. 5/160th Ave. (1.3 miles where it becomes Cty Rd. 16) 48.8
- Straight on Cty. Rd. 16 (for 7.3 miles) 56.1
- Left on Cty. Rd. 2 (2.2 miles into Brownsdale) 58.3
- Stop at park on left before HWY 56 intersection – Lunch Break!
- Continue east on Cty Rd. 2 (2 miles) 60.3
- Right on Cty Rd. 19/610th Ave. (looks like it would be gravel, but not) – (9.1 mi.) 69.4
- Straight into Rose Creek at HWY 56 – there is an outhouse here! (.4 miles) 69.8
- Trailhead for Shooting Star Trail is on left
- Enter Shooting Star Trail and head SE to Lake Louis State Park (17 miles) 86.8 – we will go right through Adams, and there is an American Legion Club there just off the trail to the left – beer break!
- Once the trail gets into the park, turn back to the right on the gravel road and follow it about a quarter mile or so until you see the sign for the Group Camp Site on the left – we are in the first one, and it’s called Riverview – We just finished easily the longest day!